Every Day I Have To Cry

The hypothesis: crying daily will release the junk that's tearing at my soul. Reasoning: Why not?

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Calm 'n' Courtesy

This morning, I sat on the subway next to a woman who kept hitting me with her elbow, and never saying 'excuse me'. I moved over, out of her scope.

With what sharp understanding did I realized the power of the simple -- what they call common-- courtesy!

I'm a big 'excuse me' sayer, and lately I've taken to saying it even when the bump or brush is not my fault. It makes a big difference in my ability to wish everyone the best at all times. It affirms that we are all travelers on the same car: literally and figilly.

Of course, there are days when I could scream...and I don't... yesterday a woman gripping a sauce-oozing, half-eaten McDonald's meal pushed in front of me to get on the train and I wished that she would grow very, very fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home