Every Day I Have To Cry

The hypothesis: crying daily will release the junk that's tearing at my soul. Reasoning: Why not?

Friday, July 07, 2006

Junk and More Boredom

More thoughts on boredom.
TV: why intelligent people watch crap.
Well, you'd think it was because not a lot of really good stuff is on....that may be part of it.

Tanner on Tanner was quite an excellent program, on maybe IFC or Sundance last year....not one of my friends (supposedly artistic and sorta intellectual folks who would never read crap...) watched it. They were probably watching reruns of Sex and The City or Project Runway. They were watching meaningless and maybe actually harmful crap. Boring shows about boring, lizard brain-level, simplistic, materialistic people. Am I picking on my friends? Well, I do need to talk to people, and I like to discuss artistic stuff....

MY POINT? I wish my friends were more picky, but I need to work on my own boredom issues.
I don't want to waste my life watching things. I'd rather read a book, but I've had trouble finding one that's not....well, kinda boring. I hope it's a phase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home