Every Day I Have To Cry

The hypothesis: crying daily will release the junk that's tearing at my soul. Reasoning: Why not?

Monday, July 03, 2006

Winds of Grace

OK. I was feeling a bit critical and curmudgeonly during that last post, and I realized: here I am criticizing Mr. Laurie for doing exactly what I'm doing. I should be doing the old 'we are not worthy bow' instead.

I'm the one immersed in a crappy job. Sure, I'm doing the best I can, blah, blah, blah, but at least he's doing excellent work and making a lot of do-re-mi and obviously showing up on time and being in that moment, whatever it is.

I'm dragging myself into a servile office job. It's the 3rd of July and I'm temping, sitting at a desk in an almost empty office. In a few days I'll interview for an actual real job I don't want and if I can muster even a tenth of the self possession illustrated by Mr. Laurie on House I'll be walking on air.
I'm really not angry at Mr. L., I'm aggravated at the stupid world growing stupider.

So it's time to raise my sails a bit and catch that wind. Because, as Sri Ramakrishna said, it's always blowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home