Every Day I Have To Cry

The hypothesis: crying daily will release the junk that's tearing at my soul. Reasoning: Why not?

Friday, July 21, 2006

You Probably Don't Stink

I do not believe I'm alone in wishing that PEOPLE WOULD STOP WEARING TOO MUCH SCENT. The suggested 'rule' of scenting one's self is that others should not smell you scent until you get pretty close...like maybe 6 inches away!

There's a type of men's cologne, popular with the hip-hop strata, that smells like cheap lemon-lime soda. That's the one I'm gagging from right now because a guy stood by my desk for approximately 30 seconds.

I don't know how people stand living with people who seem to have bathed in cologne. I can't sit on the train next to one of them, and have actually given up my seat to get away.

Personal hygiene is not ally hard to maintain these days, if you're not homeless.
So, do these people think their own smell is unacceptable, and so noisome as to need dousing with strong artificial scent?
I suppose it's a low self-esteem and self-hate issue. Sadly, all this artificial scent is giving kids asthma and most likely giving all of us cancer, too.

I will not even get me started on fabric softener sheet outgassing...that's a story for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home